January 2020 is drawing to a close. It's a good time to pull myself together and come to my senses after the New Year's holidays. I had a lot of plans for 2019, and I accomplished most of them. On top of that, there were quite a few unplanned activities, which I am also very happy about.
I grew up career-wise:
- At the beginning of the year I decided I wanted to grow as a leader
- By the fall, I went from being a scrum master to a team leader
Attended 2 conferences:
- Teamlead conf
Won internal hackathon at my company with my team
Gave 2 presentations at meetups:
Recorded in 2 podcasts:
Been a stander at 3 conferences:
- at HolyJS Piter
- on TechTrain
- at HolyJS Moscow
Gave ==interviews== what it's like to be a booth speaker in the IT-community
Learn more here
Participated in the organization of the PiterJS conf conference
Creativity and relaxation
Not work alone. At the beginning of 2019 I realized that I gave myself too much to work and profession, so I decided to figure out how I like to relax. I made up the number 4 and tried to dial it down to different hobbies.
Picked up 4 new hobbies:
- Mahjong - real Chinese, not shindovce solitaire. Once I got into it, I gave it up. Requires more energy than I want to give to the hobby.
- Pokemon go - someone may still remember the popular game in 2016. I didn't care for it then, but this year it turned out to be a great reason to walk more than 15k steps a day.
- NRI - tabletop role-playing games. Played a few games of Pathfinder, and watched a lot of streams of other people's games.
- Keyboards - I've been wanting to make music for a long time. Didn't get far in this business without making a habit of it. Going to fix that in 2020.
Got myself a PS4 for the new year with 2018 for 2019.
And for 2019 passed 4 games on it:
- Mortal Kombat XL.
- Mortal Kombat 11
- What Remains of Edith Finch.
Read Exilibrium comic book. Started reading Daredevil, Elektra and Bezoboy.
Watched all parts and episodes of Ghost in the Armor anime. Rewatched Experiments Lane and Hype. Started watching Monster Stories and Psycho Passport. Somewhere in the background I was still turning on Boruto. Also started season 1 of Swordsman online, but didn't finish it.
Watched the series The Boys, Love Death and Robots, Umbrella Academy.
Watched about 20 movies, about 5 of them in theaters.
I managed to have enough rest. But felt tired most of the time.
The world around
To switching context so long as possible and rest longer, getted away:
- In the beginning of year, arrived my parents to Cyprus, so my Mom not was outside of the old USSR. I really wanted to show another world for her.
- In the summer I was in Pskov city, remember army times. Also I firstly was in Velikiy Novgorod city.
- In autumn I was in Thailand in vacation (in Phuket)
- Also in end of autumn I was in Japan (in Tokio and Nikko). It was a prize for a winning in the hackaton in Wrike.
Home & Comfort
To save home confort, I changed the scenery without changing it.
- Rearranged furniture
- Arranged a balcony
- Bought a TV
- Made a system in the wardrobe
It is whole my 2019 year. Thank you for reading.